In today’s digital world, data privacy and security are critical. At ZorroSign, we are proud to put privacy and security at the heart of everything we do—including how we’ve built our digital transaction management (DTM) platform. With our private, permissioned blockchain foundation, our commitment to security and privacy meets important regulations and standards upheld by countries around the world. Here are some quick examples…
In the United States, there have been many laws and regulations enacted around data privacy and digital security, including:
- The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) set national standards for electronic health care transactions and codes, unique health identifiers, and security—ZorroSign DTM helps organizations meet HIPAA compliance.
- The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) of 1998 is an anti-piracy statute protecting digital rights management—ZorroSign’s digital signatures support DMCA.
- In 1999, the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (UETA) established the legal equivalence of electronic records and signatures, with paper documents and manually-signed (wet) signatures—ZorroSign digital signatures meet UETA compliance.
- In 2000, the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (E-Sign Act) validated electronic records and signatures for commerce across states and countries—ZorroSign digital signatures fulfill ESIGN compliance.
- The Sarbanes–Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX) set regulations for the financial practice and corporate governance of U.S. public company boards, management, and public accounting firms—ZorroSign DTM helps organizations fulfill SOX requirements.
In Canada, similar laws such as the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) defined how organizations can collect, use or disclose personal information; and the Uniform Electronic Commerce Act of 1999 (ULCC) regulated the provision and retention of electronic information, and the communication of electronic documents. Again, ZorroSign digital signatures meet both Canadian standards for privacy and security.
The European Union has enacted two major regulations for data privacy and security in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Electronic Identification and Trust Services Regulation (eIDAS) of 2018. This elaborate set of rules and requirements are also met by ZorroSign’s digital signatures and DTM platform.
In the Middle East region there are two major laws that govern electronic signatures in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Saudi Arabia. ZorroSign meets the United Arab Emirates’ Federal Law No. 1 of 2006 regarding Electronic Transactions and E-Commerce granting electronic signatures legal force and effect. ZorroSign also meets the KSA laws in Saudi Arabia as governed by the Electronic Transactions Law, Royal Decree No. (M/8) 8 Rabi’ I- 1428H from 2007.
In 2000, India passed a sweeping Information Technology Act, with further amendments in 2008, providing legal recognition for transactions performed by electronic data interchange, eCommerce, and digital signatures, plus rules for electronic records and certifying authorities. Again, ZorroSign DTM meets the security and privacy requirements of India’s IT Act.
UNMATCHED PRIVACY & SECURITY
While ZorroSign’s platform ensures compliance with these (and other) regulations around the world, we separate ourselves from our competition by going even further to protect our customers’ data and privacy. ZorroSign’s patent-pending blockchain architecture uniquely ensures:
- Immutability—maintaining a chronological record of transactions in multiple copies on a ledger to avoid doubt or ambiguity.
- Legal Enforceability—ZorroSign uses patented and legally-binding electronic signature with real digital information versus competitors who simply superimpose a flat image of a signature on a document… legally distinguishing intent to sign a document vs actually signing a document.
- Signature Attribution—signatures are protected and validated using ZorroSign’s private permissioned blockchain, plus high-level security provisions and multifactor authentication (including biometrics) to ensure signatory attribution.
- Fraud Prevention—our proprietary 4n6 token detects document fraud, document tampering and signature forgery (as a tamper seal that runs on the blockchain).
- Lifetime Escrow—while competitors often use third-party digital security certificates that expire every two years, ZorroSign issues its own certificates that never expire for lifetime document escrow.
We are proud to be the digital signature solution of choice for organizations around the world committed to privacy and security.