- Published on
Four Easy Ways to Practice Sustainability
- Kristen Harder
March 21, 2022, marked the 10th anniversary of International Day of Forests. This day calls attention to the importance of practicing sustainability in both your business and your personal life. Often people have a desire to live a more sustainable life, but do not know where to start . . .
Here are four ways you can practice sustainability in your day-to-day life!
Recycle & Reuse
One ready way to practice sustainability is to make a real effort to recycle and reuse. Did you know each ton of recycled paper saves an estimated 17 trees and 3.3 cubic yards of land space? Every small and large contribution that you make counts!
You’ve most likely heard the phrase “Reduce, reuse, recycle” your whole life, but how do you actively turn a nice-sounding phrase into a habit?
- Try to reuse products and items as many times as possible before binning them to reduce waste. Check out this list of household items that you would normally throw away, but you can reuse!
- Avoid thin plastic packaging, as it’s usually non-recyclable. Instead go for reusable glass or thick plastic.
- Instead of using plastic bags, bring reusable bags and Tupperware when going shopping or packing food or leftovers.
- Buy products in bulk. Purchasing goods in large amounts means less packaging and even less cost per amount.
- Utilizing trash removal and recycling services can also help you to manage waste effectively
Monitor Energy Use
Another great way to be sustainable is monitoring your energy use. By using less energy, you can help to reduce carbon emissions. There are a number of ways you can save energy at home, and most of them are practices that take no extra effort on your part.
Here are a few ways to do it:
- Turn off the lights when you’re not in the room; use natural light instead of turning the lights on as much as you can.
- Turn off appliances that you’re not currently using.
- Dry your clothes outside instead of using the drying machine.
- Save money with solar energy
It is a fact that 70% of the Earth is covered with water, only one percent of it is available for human consumption. Conserving water is important because it keeps our water clean while protecting the environment.
Here are some effective and easy ways to cut back on your water footprint and save some money in the process:
- Turn off the faucet while brushing your teeth
- Wash dishes in the sink instead of under running water
- Only run the washing machine and dishwasher when you have a full load
- Check your kitchen pipes and dishwater hose for slow leaks
ZorroSign is committed to having a positive impact on the environment through sustainable practices. Switching from doing business using paper to digital is not only a smart business decision but it is also good for the environment.
Office paper waste is estimated to be around 12.1 trillion sheets of paper a year, with paper accounting for 50% of waste from businesses.
However, each time you use ZorroSign to digitally transact instead of printing, faxing, scanning, and shipping documents to collect signatures, you save trees and water . . . plus reduce carbon emissions while your business saves time and money!
To further the cause of Paperless Life, ZorroSign encourages all businesses to go digital and save trees. Our Save a Tree – Plant a Tree program is ZorroSign’s effort to do our part to help the environment. For every 8,000 pages of paper you save by using ZorroSign, we plant a tree on your behalf—that’s saving an existing tree and planting a new tree by going paperless with ZorroSign.
To learn more about ZorroSign’s commitment to sustainability and environment conservation, and how we deliver greater privacy and security for digital signatures and documents, contact us today!