- Published on
ZorroSign Supports 21st Century IDEA
- Michael Jones
Throughout history the US government has flourished by staying at the forefront of technological advances. In recent years, however, the slow adoption of digital services within the government to consumer business process has many people frustrated. Ever wish you could conduct all of your government business via digital technology? If so, the “21st Century Integrated Digital Experience Act” also known as the ‘‘21st Century IDEA”, will be of great interest to you.
The goal of the 21st Century IDEA legislation is simply to enhance the digital services within the federal government. Accelerating the federal government’s ability to improve digital service delivery and customer experience. The President’s Management Agency previously reported that there were greater than 23,000 unique forms within the federal government, leading to an estimated 11.4 billion hours spent on paperwork per year. This leads to a poor customer experience and increased cycle time.
The 21st Century Idea Act will:
- Modernize the digital government experience.
- Enhance federal agency websites, making them mobile friendly, and establishing minimum standards.
- Transition from paper-based forms to electronic transactions.
- Decrease federal costs, saving taxpayers money.
- Increase efficiency and productivity of federal employees.
- Promote the use of Digital signature standards established via the eSign Act.
- Promote the use of Digital signatures and reinforce their validity.
- Decrease use of paper, and potentially decrease human error by digitizing processes.
ZorroSign supports and is excited for the 21st Century IDEA to be passed so we can start to see the digital transformation within the government. We encourage Congress to act swiftly and sign this legislation into law no later than first quarter 2019. This will mark a fundamental shift in Government to consumer customer experience.
At the time this article was written, 21st Century Integrated Digital Experience Act (bill S.3050), was just placed on the Senate Legislative Calendar under General Orders, Calendar No. 723. Read the entire bill here.
Update on December 22, 2018.
On the 20th of December 2018, the President of the United States signed the “21st Century Integrated Digital Experience Act” or the “21st Century IDEA” bill into law. We have written a follow up blog article offering what the bill entails and most importantly what it means in term of its technology, implementation and business and environmental impact.
Read more on how ZorroSign Supports the 21st Century IDEA for government agencies here.